National Association of City Transportation Officials (NACTO)
NACTO provide and on-line Urban Bikeway Design Guide and the Urban Street Design Guide that define the state of the art of street design. The Active Transportation Plan often references these guidelines.
Street Mix is a great on-line tool for developing street cross sections. We use Street Mix to develop the cross sections for the plan and you can too.
Blockee is a web based “Civic Bling” tool that brings your ideas to life.See what your ideas might look like on your block with this great tool.
Other Useful Links
Lima-Allen County Regional Planning Commission
LARPC has a wealth of information on land use, demographics, transportation, crashes and existing plans that were instrumental in the development of this plan. In particular we have found the following materials helpful in creating the plan:
- Map of Disabled Population 2000
- Map of Elderly Population 2010
- Map of Percent Households Without A Car 2000
- Map of Percent of Population Below Poverty Level
- Table of Bicycle Crash Comparison 2006 – 2010
- Table of Pedestrian Crash Comparison 2006 -2010
- Map of Road Functional Classification
- Map of Truck Traffic Flow 2004
- Automobile Ownership Cost Per Mile 2011
Lima/Allen County Regional Transit Authority
Complete Streets/Smart Growth
https://smartgrowthamerica.org/program/national-complete-streets-coalition/ Interactive Fixed Route Map